Who doesn’t love the shiny long acrylic nails? Everyone loves them, right? These days Acrylic Nails are the hottest trend. It is a fantastic way to add some length and glam to your nails! Let’s see how to take off acrylic nails.
These nails may look extremely gorgeous and eye-pleasing; however, removing them is a bit difficult. After you’ve got your acrylic nails, you’ll need to remove them in a few months or sometimes even a few weeks. So, how to take off acrylic nails? Going to the nail salon and removing them from professionals is the best option.
However, this can be a little expensive and time-consuming. Also, who knows when the quarantine period will start again (Hope this never happens again!), that’s why it’s better to know how to take off acrylic nails at home.
Another way to remove your acrylic nails on a low budget and in less time is to remove them at home! Many people get worried about getting it done at home, but this isn’t that hard. Removing your fake nails at home is completely safe. The entire process is also super easy if you have the right tools and you know the right way to do it.
Don’t know how to remove acrylic nails at home without damaging your natural nails? Fret not, keep reading! Today in this blog, we’re going to tell you everything about how to get rid of acrylic nails. There are many techniques and ways to take off acrylic nails at home; here, we’ve described the three simple methods in this post. Let’s begin.
How to Safely Remove Acrylic Nails at Home in 3 Simple Methods
The most common method to remove any type of fake nails or acrylic nails is by using acetone. This is because acetone is a strong and powerful chemical that is potent enough to remove nails. However, it is not so beneficial for your nails and for your health.
Though acetone is the most effective way to remove fake nails, there are still many other methods from which you can safely remove the fake nails. These methods don’t include any strong chemicals. Hence they’ll not damage your natural nails. So, let’s start with the first method and know-how to take off acrylic nails painlessly. You can also get ideas of nail colors.
Method #1: How To Remove Acrylic Nails Using Acetone & Aluminum Foil
Acetone Soak is one of the most effective and commonly used techniques to remove acrylic nails. This process is almost similar to the technique used at nail salons. Just grab the necessary things and follow the below steps:
Things You Will Need
- Nail clippers
- Nail Polish Remover
- Nail buffer or file
- Cotton balls or pads
- Aluminum foils
- Cuticle Oil/ Petroleum jelly
Step By Step Process:
- The first step is to cut the length of your acrylic nails as short as possible. The smaller and shorter the nails, the easier they will come off! Use an acrylic nail clipper and trim the nail extensions and any acrylic coatings.
- Now take a nail file or buffer and start removing any nail polish that was applied on top of your acrylics. Slowly file away the top coat, nail polish, or any color. This will also help avoid creating a mess or getting your hands full of color when you soak your nails in acetone.
- It’s vital to prep your cuticles and hydrate them before you soak your nails in acetone solution. So take any cuticle oil or petroleum jelly and gently apply around the perimeter of the nail, on cuticles, and even under the nail.
- Drench a cotton ball or cotton pad into 100 percent pure acetone and gently place it on top of and around your nail.
- After this, wrap your nail with a piece of aluminum foil so that it stays in place.
- Repeat the process for each nail and wait for at least 25-30 minutes (This is the perfect time to watch your favorite podcast or TV show!).
- Once time is up, gently remove the aluminum foil on one of your nails, and the acrylic nail should come off with it.
Always work with one nail at a time and keep other nails wrapped as long as possible. If the acrylic doesn’t come off easily from your nail, soak your nails again in the acetone for more five to ten minutes.
Method #2: How To Remove Acrylic Nails Using Acetone-Free Nail Polish
Don’t have acetone at your home? Worry not, because there are also other methods to take off acrylic nails at home without acetone! Yes, you can easily remove acrylic nails using acetone-free nail polish. This technique is known as Non-Acetone Soak!
Though it will take a little more time as compared to the acetone soak method to remove the acrylics entirely from nails, it is completely safe. Here are all the things and the step by step procedure to do it:
Things You Will Need
- Acetone-free nail polish remover
- A Cuticle Stick
- Nail clippers
Step by Step Process
- Again, start by trimming and clipping the extra length of nails. Use proper nail clippers and trim them to be as short as possible. Doing this will cut down on the soaking time.
- After this, use a pair of tweezers or a cuticle stick, gently pry and lift the edges of your acrylics. You can also use a nail file to remove as much product as possible.
- Now carefully pour acetone-free nail polish remover into a bowl. Make sure to pour enough so that your nails will fully emerge in the remover.
- Gently put your fingers in the bowl and let them thoroughly soak for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- When you feel that the acrylic starts to loosen up, pull it out gently from your actual nails with the help of tweezers.
- If it doesn’t come off easily, soak your fingers for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process with each nail.
Usually, the acetone-free nail polish remover evaporates after some time. So, keep adding extra nail polish remover from time to time.
This non-acetone soak method may take a longer time, but as compared to acetone, it won’t leave your nails and cuticles as brittle and dry.
Method #3: How To Remove Acrylic Nails Using Dental Floss
Who knew that apart from oral hygiene, dental floss can be used to remove fake nails! This method is probably the easiest and quickest method to get your acrylic nails off your actual nails. Plus, this involves zero cost as you’ll require no special tools other than dental floss.
However, to do this technique, you have to find a partner. This can’t be done alone, so take help from your sister, mom, friend, roommate, or anyone who can safely remove your acrylic nails. Let’s begin with the process.
Things You Will Need
- Orange sticks/ Cuticle sticks
- Dental floss
- A partner
Step By Step Process
- With the help of a cuticle stick, GENTLY lift the edges of your acrylics. You can also pry your cuticles with the orange sticks. If your acrylics have already begun to come loose, you don’t need to do this step.
- When you notice that your fake nails have been lifted from the edges, ask your partner to CAREFULLY insert a piece of dental floss under the acrylic nail.
- SLOWLY move the floss in a sawing motion or back and forth.
- Keep doing this until the acrylic pops off from the actual nail.
- Repeat the process with every nail until they’re all removed.
If your nails are already damaged, or you are worried about damaging your nails, this method isn’t for you. Dental floss sometimes takes layers off of the natural nail when the acrylic is pried off. Plus, this method can be a little uncomfortable and painful.
So these were some of the best ways to remove acrylic nails at home without damaging your real nails. However, don’t think that the removal process ends here. Yes, you have to take care of your nails and follow the post-manicure routine to keep your nails shiny and healthy.
There are numerous methods other than acetone soak that you can use to remove fake nails. However, you could still experience some damage from acrylic nails and gel nails. So, follow the above methods and tips diligently and enjoy healthy and shiny nails!
So, this is all about how to safely and easily remove fake nails at home. I hope you liked these step-by-step methods to remove your fake nails easily at home. Share this blog with your friends and family members so that they’ll also know how to take off acrylic nails at home.
Read our previous blogs on interesting and trendy topics such as Stylish Breast Tattoos, Latest Nose Piercing, Top 10 Most Expensive Shoes in the World, Best Model Poses For Photoshoots, and many more.
For more information about skin care, nail care, or fashion styling tips, keep visiting Fashionterest.
For daily fashion updates, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram fashionterestofficial.