Fashion. From the days of cavemen wearing animal skins, to the 18th Century where clothing was an indication of class and status — we’ve been using clothes to make a statement for thousands of years. But instead of making nuanced statements about your personality with printed activewear leggings or muted pastels, you can make a literal statement and print custom clothing.
Showcase Your Philosophy on the Outside
What better way to let people know your philosophical bearings than getting creative with custom clothing. You can print anything on plain t-shirts, jumpers, and bags. Just find the quote that speaks to you, and send it on to a design company to print — or DIY it. Here are some suggestions:
- Women’s t-shirt: “Feminist /’fem,i,nist/ (n) The theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes”
- Men’s t-shirt: “A woman’s place is in the resistance” (we think this one is boss!)
- Generic: “Make facts matter again”
Really, there’s no end to what you can accomplish with custom clothing. No matter your philosophy, principles, or political leanings, let the world know your opinions by wearing it.
Wear Your Mood on Your Sleeve (Or Chest)
Nothing tells people to get off your case more than wearing your mood status on your clothing. From t-shirts with a simple angry emoticon on the chest, to quips and witticisms, there will be no excuse for someone to push your buttons when you’re wearing your ‘not today’ clothes. We like:
- “If you’re happy and you know it go away”
- “On your mark, get set… GO AWAY!”
- “Do I look like I ‘rise and shine’?”
You can also get these sayings printed on mugs, so your coworkers know when making an approach is okay, especially if you are not a morning person.
Let People Know Who Your Idols Are
Many pop stars and celebrities already have their own lines of clothing you can wear to proclaim your fandom, but what if you like more obscure people? Like Mark Twain, or a particular podcast (like My Favourite Murders or Chat10Looks3)? You can get brands, logos, slogans, and quotes from your idols custom printed, so you can support your favourite idols.
Remind Yourself (And Others) to Be Grateful
Gratitude reminders never go astray (unless you’re wearing you’re ‘not today’ t-shirt). It’s always nice to remind yourself, and others, that there are some beautiful things in this world to be grateful for. At the same time, it’s important to avoid being obnoxious about it.
That’s why we like the idea of wearing your gratitude quote down the sleeve of a long-sleeved t-shirt, or on the back of a hoodie. Here are some examples of sayings which inspire gratitude:
- “Thank you” — nice and simple, and also acts as a nice conversation starter… Although may be confused with the brand ‘thankyou’, so make sure you differentiate the font and colour.
- “i have what i have and i am happy I2 ’ve lost what I’ve lost and i am still happy — outlook” — a quote from poet Rupi Kaur’s Milk and Honey.
- “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen one like this before” — quote from Maya Angelou.
- “Be thankful for all the troubles you don’t have” — this will make people stop and pause.
So, as you can see, there are many ways to express yourself and make a literal statement with custom clothing. Which one will you choose?
To find out more:-