Are you tired of keeping your hair open and flowy? Do you often struggle with hair knots? Does wind make your hair act like a madman? Do you hate when your hair hinders the scenic beauty you are watching? If your answer is yes to any of these, you should opt for rubber band hairstyles.
- What Are Rubber Band Hairstyles?
- Rubber Band Hairstyles For a Chic and Trendy Look
- 1. Loose Top Bun Band Hairstyle
- 2. Braided Rubber Band Hairstyle with Open Hair
- 3. Easy Rubber Band Hairstyle
- 4. Criss-Cross Rubber Band Hairstyle
- 5. Rubber Band Hairstyle With High Ponytail
- 6. Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle With Top Bun
- 7. Stylish Rubber Band Hairstyle
- 8. Backside Rubber Band Hairstyle With Updo
- Rubber Band Hairstyles for Kids
If you think it will look boring, you’re wrong buddy. Read this blog where we have gathered the most beautiful rubber band hairstyles that you can adorn.
What Are Rubber Band Hairstyles?
Rubber bands are small and thin strong hair elastics that hold your hair in place. You can use them to structure your hair as you like in a single high ponytail or into small sections. The rubber band hairstyles are the ones where you part and band the hair section stylishly. You can elevate your look by using hair accessories.
Now, let’s dive right in and discover fashionable rubber band hairstyles.
Rubber Band Hairstyles For a Chic and Trendy Look
1. Loose Top Bun Band Hairstyle
The hairstyle you are looking at in the picture is best suited to people with afro-textured hair. To create this look, you’ll need a tail comb, hair gel, a colorful rubber band, and a fake bun.
Steps on how to create this hairstyle:
- Using a tail comb, do the defined squared sections of hair on the front part.
- Now, take the hair gel to apply on a single section and tie it with the rubber band.
- Repeat the process for the first line.
- When you start the second line, pick one section from the front line in a way that makes the criss-cross pattern.
- Once you are done with the front rubber band hairstyle, form a loose bun at the top of the head.
Tip: Be attentive in picking the rubber band’s color. It should look soothing to the eye, not an eyesore.
2. Braided Rubber Band Hairstyle with Open Hair
If you like natural hair rubber band hairstyles, go for this one. It isn’t only stunning but also the easiest to do. You’ll need rubber bands, a tail comb, and hair spray.
Steps to create this rubber band hairstyle:
- Detangle hair.
- Make 4 sections in the first half.
- Do the braiding with each section and tie it with the rubber band.
- Leave the remaining hair open.
- Use hair gel to style baby hair on the forehead.
Tip: Spritz the hair spray to keep the hairstyle intact till the end.
3. Easy Rubber Band Hairstyle
If you are looking to do a hairstyle for a day out with friends, go for this one. It is colorful, playful, and (the best) most beautiful. You will need colorful rubber bands, a tail comb, and hair gel.
Steps to style this look:
- Start with a first horizontal section on the crown part and make squared sections with a tail comb and hair gel. Tie each section with a rubber band.
- Now, start with the second horizontal section. The difference here is you have to take the tail of the former hair section and then tie them together.
- Repeat the same process for the third horizontal section.
- Leave the remaining hair open.
- Tip: Don’t tie the rubber band too tight, as it can break off your hair while removing them.
4. Criss-Cross Rubber Band Hairstyle
We learned how to create the criss-cross pattern in the first (1st) rubber band hairstyle on the list. For this hairstyle, you will have to do the same. Instead of colorful rubbers, go with black ones. Another difference is the ponytail.
Yes, to create a somewhat exact hairstyle like this one, you will have to tie the remaining hair into a high ponytail. Those with naturally wavy hair will look great in this look.
Tip: Don’t forget to style your baby hair into waves using hair gel and a fine-toothed comb.
5. Rubber Band Hairstyle With High Ponytail
Rubber band hairstyle on 4th and 5th numbers is for females with longer locks. For this, you will need a tail comb, black rubber bands, and a straightener.
It’s the same process as the first one, but do the intersecting part till it covers the crown. The squared sections are uneven in size. The next step is to tie a high ponytail and straighten it using a hair straightener.
Tip: You can also straighten your hair before styling.
6. Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle With Top Bun
Carry this hairstyle to school or college and make a statement look. For creating this look, you will require a tail comb, hair gel, and a bun for the updo.
Steps on how to do this rubber band hairstyle:
- Do the two sections with a tail comb.
- Apply hair gel and tie with a yellow rubber band.
- Exactly behind these two sections, make two slightly bigger sections with a tail comb.
- Take the right side’s section from the front and align it with the left one behind. Do the same with another one. (You will have a criss-cross pattern.)
- Now, make an updo with the remaining hair.
Tip: You can add a fake bun to make your bun look voluminous.
7. Stylish Rubber Band Hairstyle
This style is similar to the above one – a rubber band hairstyle with a bun. The difference here is the hair accessories added to the criss-cross. Apart from that, the girl has also braided her hair on both sides with vertical rubber bands beside it.
Don’t forget to tame your baby hair on the forehead using hair gel and a fine-toothed comb. You can carry this classic hairstyle on a lunch date with family or friends.
8. Backside Rubber Band Hairstyle With Updo
Going to attend a party? Style this look and slay at the party with your friends. You might need the help of someone to create this look. As for tools, get a tail comb, rubber bands, hair gel, and hair spray.
Steps on how to do the backside rubber band hairstyle:
- Do a mid-part at the back with a tail comb.
- First, do the braid in the middle.
- Next, make small parts on each side of the braid and tie it with a rubber band.
- Make a criss-cross section.
- Again, do the braids on the sides of the rubber band hairstyle.
- Do a neat updo at the crown part with the remaining hair.
Tip: Use hair spray to fix the hairstyle and add shine to the hair.
Rubber Band Hairstyles for Kids
Till now, you read about the rubber band hairstyles that you can do. Now here are a few ideas for the kids’ rubber band hairstyle.
9. Cascading Cute Kid Rubber Band Hairstyle
Try this hairstyle when your kid goes to play out and see how quickly she makes friends! It is a cute and neat hairstyle to keep her hair in place. It seems a bit complicated but it is easy-peasy. You will need a tail comb and rubber bands to do this hairstyle.
Steps on how to do this easy little girl rubber band hairstyle :
- Detangle her hair.
- Start by making square sections and tie them with colored rubber bands (one by one). Do this only on the crown of the head.
- Now connect every little pony in the opposite direction till the end.
- Make two small buns on each side.
- Add the accessory rubber band to make it look extra cute.
Tip: Don’t use hair spray or gel on kids’ hair.
10. Waterfall Rubber Band Hairstyle
This waterfall rubber band hairstyle is a cute and easy one. Do this when your baby girl is going to attend a birthday party. You will need a tail comb and colorful rubber bands.
How to do this waterfall band hairstyle:
- Brush her damp hair.
- Make a deep section on the right side till the back of the crown and do the part horizontally.
- Create another deep section near the left ear, leaving the midsection larger.
- Now, part in two equal parts on the right side. Make a little ponytail on the front section and connect it with the second one.
- Next, do the small vertical section beside that and do the ponytail.
- Repeat the same process on the other side, and you will have a waterfall band hairstyle.
Tip: Keep your little girl’s hair damp while doing this hairstyle to get a neat look.
11. Colorful Pyramid Rubber Band Hairstyle For Kids
The last one on the list is the pyramid rubber band hairstyle. Style your kid with this look when she is going to school for the perfect look. As usual, you will need a tail comb and colorful rubber bands.
Steps to create this hairstyle:
- Comb out her damp hair.
- Make two slant lines opposite each other, such that it makes a triangle on the head.
- Pick one little section and do the pony.
- Now, on the second line, make two parts, but before tying it in, divide the first pony into two and add one to each pony on the second line.
- Repeat the same process for two more lines to complete the pyramid hairstyle.
Tips: Don’t pick multiple colors for rubber bands. Go for two or three different colors only.
Final Words on Rubber Band Hairstyles:
Above are some easy rubber band hairstyles you can try. Which one did you like the most? However, these aren’t the only band hairstyles that will have you giddy all over. Showcase your personality with the use of colorful rubber bands, fastening styles, ponytail accessories, and much more. Subscribe to Fashionterest to get the content directly delivered to your inbox!