Washing your face is already a chore, but not for the sake of looking healthy and clear skin. You’ll be instantly revitalized after a good face cleansing – you know it too. However, the one thing that can be a game-changer is a good face washcloth.
Not having the proper face washcloth may irritate your skin and infest bacteria. If you feel you are rubbing too hard or need to rinse too long, then your regular towels may not be enough.
To help you choose the best wash face washcloth for yourself, we’ve prepared an article consisting of tips and tricks and everything that you’ll need to know about it. Without further ado, let’s start.
How To Choose And Maintain Your Washcloth:
Using the best face washcloths can not only help your sensitive skin be softer, but it will also help fight against acne. This is how you can choose and maintain the best face washcloth for yourself –
Step 1: Choose Your Washcloth
After you use a washcloth, you’ll feel the difference in their materials. Cotton washcloths are gentle on the skin and can be easily rinsed out and dry quickly.
You’ll also find bamboo washcloths for dry skin, oily skin as well as acne-prone skin. Softer fabrics are for more hydrating options. It’s all personal preference.
Step 2: Remember – Less is Better
In theory, a textured face brush is better to remove skin impurities. Your hands need more time to relax because they are softer and gentler. Rubbing your skin with the same pressure and friction as your hands will result in some redness and blemishes.
Scrub lightly. Using a washcloth is the perfect manual exfoliating method. Plastic beads from your exfoliator won’t get into the water supply and kill fish. There are exfoliating washcloths for using as an alternative.
Remember, you do not rub your hands’ skin with the same weight and friction as your arms. It’ll cause coarseness over your skin.
Step 3: Keep Your Washcloth Clean
After being exposed to a moist, humid environment, bacteria proliferate. You don’t have to thoroughly rinse the washcloth and hang it up to dry to avoid the bacteria. When scrubbing, do wipe-off cleansers, makeup residue, and residues with your washcloth.
Dry the fabric as much as possible, and hang it in a well-ventilated place. It inhibits bacteria, mildew, and mold growth. Throw your washcloth in the laundry after every few uses, or wash it regularly with a thick or oily cleanser.
You can use a fresh washcloth on several face-washes if you use all of the aforementioned precautionary measures.
Step 4: Steam Your Washcloth Before and After Usage
Instead of rinsing with water after using a cleanser, aim to get out as much of the cleaner as you can with a towel.
Place a hot cloth over your face and enable it to heat up. As cool weather arrives, you ought to wash out your cleanser. Use any cleaner for oil-based dishes, especially makeup that you brush away first before sweeping away with your washcloth.
How To Reuse Your Washcloth:
All shower accessories can become places for bacteria to grow if they are left damp. So, use a second option. I don’t want to use a washcloth only to spread bacteria to your skin.
All shower accessories are prone to bacteria infestation. You wouldn’t want nasty bacteria getting under your washcloth as it may cause bacterial acne. Keeping your washcloth hygienic requires washing.
You can reuse your washcloth over and over if you wash them well. Washing them like normal handkerchiefs won’t be enough, though. You’ll have to clean the washcloth with detergent and hang them thoroughly.
It’ll make sure to clean your washcloth by getting rid of the possibility of catching bacteria, mildew, or mold. All of these procedures are for hand washing methods.
You can also choose to wash your face washcloth in the washing machine. It’ll clean out all the impurities, and the dryer will kill microbial infestations.
Also Read: Your Skincare Routine for Summer
Tips for Using Your Washcloth:
- Remove out of the makeup you have on. This is a simple preemptive action for washing. Dilute healthy oil with cotton pads or micellar spray to moisture the washcloth.
- For more thorough washing, you may use a washcloth or facial sponge. Invest in a healthy face wash. We can assure you that the money will be spent well when you see good skin results.
- A warm bath, a washcloth, or sponge pressed to the skin may encourage more detailed cleaning. Add some warm water to the face to ensure proper cleaning and exfoliating.
- Pick a quality cleanser to manage different impurities and skin conditions. A solvent that does not dry out the skin is a game-changer.
- When you use a dirty towel again, dangerous bacteria can bind themselves. Try swapping to an exfoliating face scrub and look for a decent collection of washcloths. Use one towel to dry the face and another one to dry the body.
- Over cleaning can cause acne and allergies. Apply the substance softly and let it work to its potential.
- Post-cleansing application of an intense moisturizer can help to lock in moisture and plump your cheeks. It is essential to use sunscreen to avoid skin damage from harmful UV rays.
- It is advisable to use high quality or good facial washcloths. You can even give yourself oil or serum therapy, especially at night. It’ll make your skin radiant and plump when you wake up.
- Make sure to wash your face when you go to bed at night. You can easily reduce the chances of acne forming. It’s always a brilliant idea to give your face a good clean up followed by using a moisturizer
- It is essential to wash your face in the morning even though you shower and cleanse. A healthy way to clean the sweat, spit, dead skin cells, and bacteria on your pillowcase every morning is to wash your face. You should always apply makeup after moisturizer and cleanser.
Hence, we hope by now you know everything there is to know about picking the best face washcloth and the tidbits of using them correctly.
We can assure you, a washcloth will be a significant change towards positivity for your skin – and you’ll see it in action through clear, bright, acne-less face. Till the next time, happy cleansing!