There is a simple and quick way to avoid a bad beard and ingrown facial hair. It is simply a matter of combing your beard properly. However, it is not always possible to do an excellent job. Even if you are an experienced person, some mistakes can be made.
We will describe some simple and quick methods you can use to do so. Therefore, it is important to get quality beard combs. You can check a comprehensive list of beard combs here. The final result will make you feel better and look better.
- Get the right beard brush for you: If you have chosen this solution it means that you have a short beard. So you can use a beard brush, along with other implements. In particular, an option with natural bristles will be much more convenient for your skin and facial hair. This way, you can spread the beard balm or beard oil that you will use later.
- Incorporate the beard oil: You should only use about two or three drops of this product. In this case, you should pour the oil between the natural bristles of your brush. This way, you will be able to provide the proper nutrition and hydration to your facial hair. Therefore, you will get a much healthier and stronger growth.
- Use the brush on your beard: Here we recommend brushing your beard in the same direction of growth. You should only make soft and light movements in all areas of your beard. If your beard is wet or damp, you should not perform this step yet. If you do it anyway, the beard oil will not be able to be completely absorbed.
- Finishing the process: When you have finished brushing your beard, you must clean the brush properly. This will allow you to remove as much debris and oil as possible from this attachment. If you need it, I can use a clean cloth or paper towel to efficiently clean the natural bristles. It is not recommended to use water as this will damage the brush.
- Get the right beard comb for you: When you want to comb a long beard, then you should use a comb instead of a brush. The best thing to do here is to have wide teeth for a more suitable hairstyle.
On the contrary, when the brush offers very close teeth, this would be a disadvantage. This way, the comb could pull your beard and cause pain. On the other hand, a comb made of wood is recommended.
- Add beard oil: When your beard is already too long, you should use 4 to 5 drops of beard oil. To use it, you should pour the oil on the palm of your hands and make circular movements.
Once you have spread the oil completely on your hands, you should apply it to your beard. The important thing here is to apply the beard oil evenly to all areas of your beard.
- Start using the comb: The best thing to do here is to start combing from the base of the beard near the neck. In this case, you can make movements from your neck to your chin.
Next to this, you should use the comb and point it upwards over your cheeks. In this way, you will be able to fluff and separate each of your facial hairs. It is also important to make soft movements to avoid any pulling or pain.
- Avoid beard-pulling: It is a very common situation for facial hairs to become entangled in each other. So, if you want to avoid significant pain, you should not keep pulling the tangled facial hairs.
In this case, the solution is to remove the comb and make another pass in the same area. Having used the beard oil, your facial hair should be more manageable. If you find that the problem persists, simply remove the knot with a pair of scissors.
- Continue shaping your beard: From this point on, you can start with your cheeks from the top. You should always make gentle movements to avoid causing any damage.
You must also choose the direction of the hairstyle according to the style you want to obtain. On the other hand, the final style is perfected when you repeat this process from time to time.
- Modeling the mustache: The most important thing, in this case, is to comb from the center to each of the sides. This way, you will prevent the facial hairs of the mustache from falling over your mouth. Besides, you can also apply the style that is most suitable for you here.
- Finishing the process: It is not possible to finish the process without cleaning the comb. If you have chosen a wooden option avoid using water in this step. Instead, you can use a cloth or paper towel.
Simply use these tools to clean off any remaining facial hair and beard oil you may have used. Finally, simply save your beard comb for next time.
Also Read: Solutions About How To Trim A Beard
How often should you comb your beard?
To avoid damaging your beard, it is advisable to comb your facial hair once a day.
How should you brush your beard?
If you decide to brush your beard once a day, then this will be enough.
Should I use beard oil every day?
It is generally recommended to use Beard Oil once a day. If you use Beard Oil more than that, then your facial hair may become somewhat oily.
We’re done, and it wasn’t so hard, was it? By knowing how to comb your beard, you can improve your facial appearance. However, it is a procedure that can be perfected with repetition. So, don’t expect the perfect result the first time you do it. After a few weeks, you will get a perfect style.