The undercut hairstyle remains to be stylish for more than thirty years. At first, only those who are in the metal, gothic, and punk scenes sport the hairstyle. Today, many people love transforming their hair into stylish undercuts.
Even celebrities are fond of the undercut hairstyle. Some of them are Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Cara Delevingne, and Selena Gomez.
If you want to stand out, you can take your undercut to the next level with these cool style ideas:
1. The Mohawk Ponytail Undercut
Mohawk hairstyles project creativity and diversity. Whether your hair is long, short, straight, or curly, you could achieve a fantastic mohawk. Going for this hairstyle with your undercut is a great way to style your rebellious hair and still keep it classy.
2. The Bob Undercut
Pairing your bob hairstyle with an undercut is an excellent way to make your hair more modern and stylish. Sporting a bob hairstyle should not mean your hair is boring. There are so many ways you can upgrade your hairstyle to express your creativity and being fierce, and one way to do that is to trim or shave the hair underneath!
3. The Undercut With Bleached Hair
How do you make sure that your undercut hairstyle would stand out? Bleach it, of course! Express your fashion side by playing with your hair’s color. You’d want to choose hair dyes that are semi-permanent so that when you want to change the colors in a few months, you can do so without damaging your hair.
4. The Undercut Pixie Hair
The Pixie Haircut is an ideal style for women who are always on the go. Styling it is convenient and takes minimal effort. They say that this haircut is boring as there are only a few styles for it. So, to make it more interesting, pair it with an undercut. It will show what a strong and independent woman you are!
5. The Undercut With Box Braids
Box braids are popular among women because of their flexibility and ability to protect different types of hair, including transitioning, relaxed, and natural hair. They are also a great choice for those who cannot afford the time to spend hours styling their hair.
Box braids are already attractive, but pairing it with an undercut will let you express yourself more, particularly on how you show your culture through fashion.
6. The Mandala Design Undercut
When you have a shaved undercut, you can personalize it however you want. This is an excellent way to showcase your creativity and personality.
Rocking the undercut hairstyle doesn’t mean you’re no longer feminine, but if you want to show off your girly side, you can get the mandala design for your shaved undercut.
7. The Aztec Design Undercut
Another awesome design for your undercut is the Aztec design. This design is popular because of its geometric beauty. Even though it is abstract, an Aztec design is still expressive. If you are fond of art and the history of Aztec, then this design is a great option for you.
Tips When Getting an Undercut:
- Undercuts may look simple, but we recommend having a hairstylist achieve the look for you. Go to an experienced stylist who knows the technique well when cutting or shaving your hair.
- Your hair will grow longer sooner than you think.
- If you have the experience, you can maintain the undercut through a hair trimmer every few weeks.
- It is still better than you have someone help you trim or shave your hair.
- If your hair is thin or fine, it’s better that you cut your hair, instead of shaving it when getting an undercut.
What to Do If You Want to Grow Your Undercut:
- Color your hair using one shade to hide the undercut better.
- Decide if you’re okay with your hair shorter. It is easier to let your undercut grow when you have Short Hair since it will hide your undercut better.
- Do not trim it, even if you don’t like it now. The goal is to make your hair longer. You can style it after your undercut has fully grown.
- Consider getting Hair Extensions. Once you have about three to four inches of your hair, you can already attach some hair extensions. This is a great way to hide the grown undercut and style your hair in different ways, like a ponytail, french braids, half up, and other trendy updos.
There are so many ways you can express yourself and one effective way is through fashion. Since the hair is one of the most noticeable, it plays an important role when showing off your personality.
An undercut will make you appear confident, expressive, and stylish. It will surely give you an edgier look for those of you who want to show off your adventurous spirit!